Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Watergate Speaker

Chuck Colson, who was formerly involved in the Watergate Scandle with Richard Nixon will be speaking at our campus tomorrow night. Chuck has since turned from his watergate days, and is involved in Breakpoint and prison ministries. He has a lot to offer on modern thinking of Christianity, and it will be a priviledge to hear him. I actually have to sing there with one of the choirs I'm in, plus, I get extra credit in my philosophy class for going, but I would go even if those things weren't present. I'll blog on what I learn later this week.

I have been keeping pretty busy. My class load is a heavy one, and I have found the library for solitude and study. I cannot read in my bedroom. There are too many other distractions. I used to think that I needed noise present to be able to concentrate, but I have found that I really need complete silence to fully understand what I'm reading (hence, the self-diagnosed A.D.D.). I absolutely love my classes, particularily my philosophy and bible study classes, because I am learning so much useful information in them.

I have the opportunity to go see Switchfoot this weekend, except for the fact that they scheduled me at work!! I am frantically trying to find my way out of work, because Switchfoot is one of my favorite bands. I have seen them in concert once, and would love to see them this weekend!! Hopefuly I can get this figured out.

Bloomberg...OUT!

No comments: