Wednesday, September 14, 2005

completely pardoned


"My sin, o the bliss of this glouious thought;
my sin, not in part but the whole;
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, o my soul!"
-From,It Is Well, H.G. Spafford

We sang this hymn in chapel today and as I was playing the piano, I felt so overwhelmed, I almost stopped playing! Just to think about all of my wrong-doings being payed for, the burden off of me, way before I even committed them! It is amazing to me to think how Christ knew me while He was on that cross; and to think that each of us crossed his mind during that time is incredible. I know this is something I have been taught since I was a little girl, but the complexity is still there. Not just some of the sins that I committed are taken care of, but even the sins I have yet to committ! There's motivation to try to stop sinning right there, although proved impossible in its efforts except by one..the one.

I don't really know what I am getting at in this, but I am still overwhelmed by that song today.

1 comment:

keith sandison said...

Good try, Linda, but you're way off.

He said, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

Those words echo through time and bring me much anguish.