Saturday, July 23, 2005

Say Jambo--It means hello!

This past week was out of the ordinary for me. Jacquie and I had VBS all week, and we taught all of the kids the songs with the accompaniment of motions. It was a lot of fun, but pretty tiring for me at the same time. I had to obtain enough energy to work all day, and still have enough for the kids every night. It took a lot out of me, but I am definately glad that I did it. I am getting so many opportunities to learn how to be a leader, because I am definately not a natural-born leader. I do not like to take charge in situations; I'd rather follow. This week really helped me in my quest to become a leader of something....someday.

Of course, the title of this post has to do with one of the songs we taught the kids this week. Tomorrow, the kids are singing all of these songs at church. Two of the six songs have "leader solos," so Jacquie is doing one, and I will do the other one. It will be fun because it is cool interaction with the kids.


Quote of the week:
"Are fireworks double-sided"??--none other than my sister, Sarah.

I bid you farewell with...Nam si fu mugu kwa.--I have no idea what that means...but we taught the kids this song anyway!

No comments: