Saturday, July 30, 2005

I'm leaving, in a big silver van..

There is this huge part of me that is so excited to leave for school. I have been home since December of last year, and there is a part of me ready to go back.

-Sarah is coming with me to school this year! I am pleased to confirm this information. We are going to have a lot of fun, because WE AREN'T ROOMING TOGETHER!
-I miss my freedom. My parents are pretty protective of me, so when it comes to being out real late, they usually tell me no. While I'm at school, sometimes I am out all night; either studying at someone's apartment or a 24-hour restaurant, or just hanging out, watching movies and what not.
-I am sick of being behind in school! I am a full year behind now, because of the semester I had to take off and also because I was already behind. It's probably good that I have an extra year, because I have no idea what I am going to do when I graduate, and I am terrified of graduating (this is a whole different post). My joke is that I'll graduate and become a waitress.

There is this other part of me excited about the things happening here, so I don't want to leave.
-I don't want to miss my niece and nephew getting older. I have been around this entire time, watching them grow and being able to do more things. It's exciting to watch all of their accomplishments, and it's sad knowing that I won't be around for a lot of them.
-There are interesting changes happening at church, and I wish I could be around to see what comes of them. Whenever I come home, I feel like I don't know anyone or what's going on in church.
-There's other personal things happening in my life that I feel like will go away once I leave here, because they started here.

I know that God's plan for me right now is to be back at school, and I couldn't be more excited about it, but it is pretty hard to go far away from home. To all of you at Union, dearest Union: I cannot wait to see you all, and make up for lost time!

No comments: