Sunday, October 02, 2005

"I'm gonna be a supermodel"

Tuesday night, at the Jackson, Tennessee Carl Perkins Civic Center, there is a Cancer Benefit Show going on. My written comp professor is actually in charge of the whole thing. She was aware of my beating cancer, and wants me to help out with the show!! Not only am I helping, but I get to be a model for it! They have a modeling section of the show, and they prefer cancer survivors to be the actual models. I am very excited!! This will be the only time in my life where I will qualify as a model...not because I look like one, but because I had cancer..lol. Looks like I will have to practice my run-way skills...haha.

"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."
-Hebrews 10:22-23

We serve an amazing God. One who not only allows us to come to Him, but takes us back after we mess everything up once again. May I remember that in my daily life, and not swerve in my faith, but rather, hold tight to the one who is faithful to me.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

That's cool, Shaundra. But I have to ask... Are you an "ambi-turner"?