Monday, August 29, 2005

What are you doing Katrina?


Well, I am all moved in to my dorm room, and I await classes to start on Wednesday. All of the returning students (which is me, but since Sarah is a freshman here, I got to move in early) are moving in tomorrow, and I feel terrible for them. Hurricane Katrina is on its way over here, which will make it absolutely dreadful for move-in day. Not to mention that our campus floods at the slightest bit of rain, so tomorrow makes for an interesting day. Tornadoes are spinning off from from the hurricane I have been through 3 tornadoes since living here, so it's getting to be normal.

I have Weather Bug on my computer, and it keeps going off all day. We keep receiving flood warnings, and this was posted on Weather Bug:
"Do not drive through flooded areas. Turn around, don't drown".

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Tomorrow I have "Proclamation Retreat". Proclamation (proc) is the 25-member scholarship choir on campus, and we go out and sing at many churches and events throughout the year. We're trying to get a head start on our repitoire this year, because we have many early concerts ahead. It will be cool seeing everyone from proc. I have missed everyone and just being in the choir. I hope my voice is in shape for all of the singing ahead. I think I will have to take it easy for a while.

To Dave..yeah, the Cubs suck this year. Tell me something I don't know.

1 comment:

Wags said...

hey shaudra.. thanks for your prayers! Feel free to check up on things in my blog!