Monday, August 22, 2005

"Don't you see, don't you see that the charade is over? And all the best deceptions and clever cover story awards go to you."
-Dashboard Confessional

Not in the mood to elaborate on that, just felt like quoting.

Here I am, packing again, and it seems so different. It's almost weird that I'm leaving for school. I haven't been there for so long that it seems so foreign to me, but I'm sure that when I get back, it will be like I never left. I get to move in on Saturday, which is really nice for a change. I usually do not get to move in until the day before classes (next Tuesday), but since my sister is a freshman and moving in for orientation, they figure it makes sense for us to both move in the same day.

It will be nice to get settled in and spend time with people before classes start. This school thinks I'm a freshman anyway...or at least a transfer student. Because I took a semester off, I had to fill out ANOTHER application to attend there. I did not take the application seriously, but miraculously, I GOT IN!! Yeah, I have an I.D. number at the school and a mailbox, but somehow, I wasn't a "student". My scholarships/grants were messed up as well. This has not been a fun couple of weeks trying to get everything settled.

One thing that I am really scared about is getting back into the routine of singing ALL THE TIME. I have truly been blessed to be able to sing after what seemed inevitable, but sometimes it gets so tired that I have to give it a rest. I know it will take some finess, and I hope I am up to it. I am going to have to start getting up really early, especially if I have to sing in the morning. I have found that ever since my surgeries, it takes my voice much longer to warm up than it did before. I can't just get up and sing like I used to. If I try, I will be singing bass!!

That's it for now.

No comments: