Friday, May 13, 2005

New Identity

This is my new "blog." Wolcum, Yole!!
"Integrity is everything. Never do a 'greater good' by doing a 'little evil'."
-From Kingdom of Heaven

There are so many great quotes to choose from in Kingdom of Heaven, but that was one of my favorites. I have put much thought into that quote. I know that God can do good through bad things that happen, but can good come to those who do intentional evil? The bad things that good comes out of that I think of are death, or sickness, or loss of a job. I know that good can come out of the evil done itself, but can it come to the evil-dooer? If Balien would've married the King's sister, there would have been no war, but in the end, he created evil for himself, while sparing Jerusalem. Maybe it's just one of the rewards they receive on earth, but not in the Kingdom of Heaven. Maybe I'm guilty of over-thinking...

"He who is pregnant with evil and conceives trouble gives birth to disillusionment."
-Psalm 3:14

Kingdom of Heaven was a phenomenal movie. I loved it. Definately ranks as one of my favorite movies. Although I was a little dismantled about the adultry thing, but all in all, it was 2 1/2 hours, well spent!

As I was doing a few errands today, one of my favorite songs came on the radio. We actually sang it at church this past Sunday. This is the Agnus Dei, correctly pronounced Ah-g-noos Day-ee, for those who care to know (I can't stand it to be pronounced any other way). Anyway, I heard the Michael W. Smith version, which is the old-school version to this song. I was so wrapped up in it. I love the classical voices put into the song. It truly is beautiful. I wish they sung it in latin though.

Agnus dei Agnus dei
Qui tollis peccata mundi
Agnus dei Agnus dei
Qui tollis peccata mundi
Dona nobis pacem Dona nobis pacem pacem
Dona nobis pacem

~Translation~

Lamb of God, Lamb of God.
You who take away the sins of the world
Lamb of God, Lamb of God.
You who take away the sins of the world
Give Us Peace, Give Us Peace, Peace.
Give Us Peace.

Holy Holy are you Lord God Almighty!

No comments: