Sunday, May 29, 2005

MY LIL'!!!

The title of this blog is in reference to sororities at my school. Once initiated into a sorority, each member receives a "big sister." Everyone goes around talking about their "big" (big sister) and their "lil'" (little sister). I am not in a sorority, but since my little sister is going to school with me in the fall, I get the real thing!




This is not only my little sister Sarah, but also one of my closest friends. I never thought I could count my sisters as my friends, but they have both proven me wrong on that, especially in recent years. Sarah is graduating from high school this week, and plans to attend Union University in the fall....(for those of you who don't know, that is also the school that I attend). I always cherish my time with Sarah. We always have fun together, whether it's just going to Applebee's to get desert, going to the beach, or singing at the top of our lungs while driving. This little girl means the world to me, and I am priviledged to have her as my sister.

I was thinking the other day how boring my life would be without Sarah. Everytime we are together, a fight breaks out between us (verbally). We always get out what needs to be said, and then we are done with it. We just have this understanding that does not require apologies. We'll be fighting one moment, and laughing about it the next. I love it. I really look forward to getting to spend more time with her in a different atmosphere. It will probably be weird to actually have someone at school who I am related to, but I know it will be wonderful, ESPECIALLY since we are not living together...:)

Sarah and I are quite different. She will say whatever is on her mind, no matter the consequences. I will not say everything on my mind. I am not bold enough. It is never a mystery with Sarah if you have offended her, she'll let you know. If you have offended me, you will probably never find out, unless it is a very high offense. I would rather avoid confrontation and just let things go than to say that I am bothered about something. The funny thing about this, is that Sarah will often fight my battles for me. We work together, so if anyone ever wrongs me, Sarah WILL let them know. I need to improve in this area, because it is a communication factor, but it's nice to know that Sarah is always on my side. She is a very loyal person.

Sarah (even though you don't read my blog), congrats on graduating. I love you, and I look forward to going to college with you!

No comments: