Wednesday, June 15, 2005

3rd Wheels...



I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about relationships. Relationships are surrounding me! I have two older siblings who are both married, a younger sibling who is dating someone, and most of my friends are dating, if not already married. It's hard sometimes, because when I want to hang out with some of my friends, sometimes I end up being the only one there without a significant other.

Today, while I was at Barnes and Noble, Jacquie and I were talking about being the 3rd wheel sometimes. She told me that when she hangs out with my sister Sarah and I, she technically is the 3rd wheel, but she does not feel like it. I realized that when I hang out with Jacquie and her boyfriend Jeremy, I do not feel like the 3rd wheel at all! I am apart of conversation, and we are just all hanging out and having a good time. They have no idea what that means to me. Of course we all have one thing in common: Jacquie, Jeremy, and I are the only active members of the UnCool Club (UCC). We EVEN have UCC sweatshirts!!!

Thanks Jacquie and Jeremy, for being the kind of couple I can hang out with!!

5 comments:

Ang said...

i remember feeling that way in my family for a while too. like when everyone would gather for something special....i'd set the table-trying to count how many places i would need and i'd list all the couples...gloria & bill, andy & lynn, david & marianne, daniel & andrea, emma & liam, jaelyn & addison....and me.
well now i do have have someone who makes me a couple...and it's wonderful, but i still remember just feeling kind of alone. even in my own family. everyone else had their own house to go back to.

you are so great at being part of communities though--and making connections.

i'm glad that jeremy and his "fair maiden" are easy to hang out with. ryan and i usually had friends with us too. that's the best kind of couple to be :)

Ang said...

p.s.-Congrats on your newest neice!!

Shaundra said...

Thanks Ang--you are so sweet!

Gabriella is absolutely beautiful...I will post pictures soon!

Anonymous said...

good thing there are still many active members of the NBK club, as well.

Shaundra said...

Oh yeah girl.."YOU KNOW HOW I DO"!!! I am definately still a member. You would be THE FIRST person I'd call if I were suddenly swepped out of that club. Thanks for being such a devoted member with me!