Wednesday, January 25, 2006

You Alone


You are the only one I need
I bow all of me at your feet
I worship you alone

You have given me more
than I could ever have wanted
And I want to give you my heart and my soul

You alone are father
You alone are good
You alone are Savior
You alone are God


We sang this song at church this past Sunday. While we were singing it, I couldn't help but think about how this outlines the sovereignty of God.

He alone is our father-we need him, and he takes care of us.
He alone is good-there is no good without him..we are not "good people"
He alone is our Savior-because of His sacrifice, we have life
He alone is God-the one whom we are not worthy of, but the one who deserves our praise, our lives, and so much more.

Because of all this, He is the only one we need. We should be bowing down our lives at His feet, not just part of our lives, but the whole. He does not have to be our father, or our Savior, he does not have to be good to us and offer us a life with him. He has given us so much more than we deserve, and because of this, no other should be above Him; therefore, we worship Him alone.

The hard part is giving him my heart and soul---wholly. There are things in my life that are hard to give up sometimes, and in the back of my mind, I know I should, but it requires a lot of me. It is growing closer to God, and knowing that He will fulfill that part of my life with Him, in replacement of what was there. That is the sovereignty of God---giving my life to Him, because he is supreem and worthy of it, and deserves nothing less.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

That is so true; we know there is no true life apart from God. He has freed us from our sin nature, yet we still want control. He is worthy, though, and you are seeking a wonderful thing.