Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A long, needed update

Ok, so as you have all observed (if there are any of you left out there), I have not updated in such a long time, and my consistancy has been TERRIBLE. Hopefully I still have those of you out there who at least check to see if I've updated...well, here you go!

Things have been going really well here. I have been thinking about this semester lately, and this is kind of humorous. I have never wanted a semester to start more than this one, and I have never wanted a semester to end more than this one. I wanted it to start so badly because I missed it so much when I was out this past spring. I was ready to get back in the swing of things, get back on track to *eventually* graduate, see my friends, become more educated...I was longing for that. It's so weird what one semester away can do. I missed so much last semester. When people talk about things that happen, the inside jokes, all that--they assume I know about them, then they slowly realize that I wasn't here. Then I make some joke about how I couldn't be here because I had cancer...GOSH!! Obviously, I had no choice in the matter of being at school, but there's so much I missed, and sometimes I feel segregated because of the times, experiences, laughs...that I missed. With all that, I was ready to get back, to see my friends..and I'm so glad that I did.

NOW....I am ready for this semester to be OVER!!! Don't get me wrong-I love being here, living amongst college students, having that FREEDOM of coming and going whenever, not having to check in, knowing that the choices that I make will be good even though I may be out late...It's nice. But, this is the HARDEST semester that I have ever had. My workload is much. I live in the library, the Christian studies department, and the music department. I have enjoyed getting into my Christian studies courses, because I have learned so many valuable and applicable things in them. I need rest though. I need time away, to get on track. I started the semester trying to stay ahead, and now I cannot get caught up, it seems. When I came back after Thanksgiving break, I felt very rested. I walked into a voice lesson without warming up (which is bad...I usually need AT LEAST a 15 minute warm-up, especially since my surgeries) and my voice responded instantly. I didn't sing at all while I was home. I gave my voice a break, and it was very worthwhile. Sometimes when we step away from things and come back into them later, we do better than if we were to constantly be at it, practicing, reviewing...what have you. Plus, I have to sing a lot in the next two weeks, so any rest I can give my voice is good.

I cannot believe that next week is the last week of classes. Although I have been wanting this semester to be over, it has flown by. Where in the world did November go? I often say that I love school, except for classes get in the way of enjoying it. That is why the first couple weeks of the semester are my favorite, because there is not much going on, and I can enjoy the company of my friends without being stressed. I love it.

Well..hopefully there's more to come. I will update amid the madness.

2 comments:

Wags said...

Shaundra, I miss ya girlie!! sorry I haven't had a chance to call ya lately, but hopefully we can connect over christmas break!!

Q said...

Don't forget about me over Christmas too!! I think we need a lunch or breakfast together. Let me know...call me when your home sweetie, if you have time. Love you!